6 Days Detox, Wellness and Yoga Holiday in Transylvania
April 5 - April 10
A Yoga Retreat for sustainable living and intelligent lifestyle flow.
We aim to deliver much more than your average yoga class. This week long retreat in Transylvania will be a journey into your body, opening up possibilities that you thought were non attainable.
We’ll be learning and practicing a challenging but rewarding 90 min class that you can continue to do at home each morning, followed by meditation, pranayama or mantra chanting. During the retreat you will also access 4 further classes each working a specific area of the body: building core strength, hip mobility, safe back bending & confident inversions. The evening classes will be a mixture of Yin/ Restorative classes, Yoga Nidra & Guided Meditations.
Modern yoga practitioners have ancient tools at their fingertips to approach living to the fullest, optimising the mind and body through peak experiences in all sensory dimensions. This retreat is geared towards the yogi who wants to expand their understanding of the practice, develop a personal safe daily practice & improve strength, stability & flexibility.
- Orthopaedic mattresses
- Quality linen and towels
- Organic toiletries
- Seating area
- Cotton bathrobe and slippers
- In-room safe
Shared twin rooms
These bedrooms are for 2 guests sharing one room. If you are booking on your own and you are happy to share a room with another guest this is the room available for guests sharing. Some of our twin bedrooms have private balconies and all enjoy beautiful mountain views.
Private double rooms
The private rooms can be booked for single use if you prefer to have your own bedroom or for double occupancy if you decide to bring a partner or a friend along.
- Daily Morning Dynamic class & Evening Yin/ Restorative classes, Yoga Nidra & Guided Meditations.
- 3 further workshops each working a specific area of the body: building core strength, hip mobility, safe backbending & confident inversions.
- All classes are taught in English by internationally qualified teachers, all classes suitable for beginners & intermediates
- 3 Daily healthy plant based meals all organic and local produce, nutritionally balanced, varied & delicious!
- All drinks on retreat, cold pressed juices & smoothies, filtered water & organic detoxifying teas
- 5 nights accommodation in boutique rooms with en-suite bathrooms and glorious mountain views
- Introduction to yoga philosophy and practice through dedicated workshops
- Enjoy hiking, nature & forest walks, reading & relaxing in our common spaces
- Group activities, cinema & library, creative arts & crafts
- Unlimited Jacuzzi Hot Tub & Sauna, traditional & infra-red
- Optional Spa Massage Therapy & Salt Herbal Bath Soak Rituals
- Pick up & Drop Off to & from Brasov City
Twin Room – Sharing – €873
Double Room – Private – €1373
Rates are per person all inclusive as per the retreat package. Supplement for a second person when sharing the same double room applies.
30% deposit remaining balance on arrival
During this retreat, you will be served three organic vegan and vegetarian daily meals. Upon booking your retreat, you will be asked about your diet preferences and Akasha Wellness Retreat can cater for special diets such as lacto or gluten intolerant. All meals are at set times in the dining area and are shared among all guests and teachers. The menu consists of a combination of Romanian vegan dishes and western.
A typical breakfast and lunch are buffet style consisting of organic produce such as porridge, chia seed smoothie bowl, fruits, brown rice, quinoa, sweet potato, salads, homemade wholegrain bread, and many more mouthwatering dishes made by their chef. For dinner, they offer a sit-down family style meal with hot soups, lentils, stuffed peppers, vegan sarmale, polenta, and many more.
Their delicious plant-based menu is designed to fortify your overall health and wellbeing using organic unprocessed seasonal produce with the highest nutrient content possible. A combination of ingredients that not only work in a delicious mouthful but act as anti-inflammatory and alkaline foods that balance hormones, blood sugar, and blood pressure.
Forming good habits about food
The application of chakra balancing foods and integrative medicine principles creates a colorful and complete menu balanced in carbohydrates, good fats, and proteins full of minerals, vitamins, and bioflavonoids (the color pigment of fruits and vegetables that have an important role for strengthening the immune system). Food that is not only delicious and easily digested but deeply nourishing, sustaining, healing, and energy-boosting.
Their aim is that you will pick up good habits from being on the retreat and that you will continue to live a healthy and balanced lifestyle back home using essential principles about food and nutrition that are easily applicable in your daily lives.
Organic and locally sourced food
Eating organic is about avoiding chemical additives and genetically modified organisms, eliminating an unnatural, potentially harmful component from your health equation. Organic produce grows slowly because that is how nature intended it, unaltered by pesticides and chemicals designed to prolong shelf life. Organic is also about supporting and encouraging your local farmer and fruit and vegetable supplier.
When you eat organic, you also eat seasonally, you become aware and appreciative of what is available now, rather than all the varieties you could have instead. You appreciate the food by what it is, when you have it and how much more nutrient and flavor it has when it is eaten and cooked fresh. They visit the farms they work with, they look at how farmers produce their food and they only choose sustainable and certified organic produce.
What are not offered
What are offered
- Alkaline spring water
- Ginger, lemon, and hot water
- Infused spring water
- Natural spring water
- Organic herbal teas
Chakra balancing juices and smoothies, their daily chakra balancing smoothies are made with cold-pressed juices, vegetable milk, organic fruits, vegetables, and essential fatty oils such as flaxseed oil and organic superfood powders. Each juice is dedicated to one specific energy center and they guarantee it will make you radiate energy throughout the day.
The following meals are included:
The following dietary requirement(s) are served and/or catered for:
- Gluten Free
- Raw food
- Lactose Free
- Whole food
- Paleo diet
Things to do (optional)
- Do a nutrition and lifestyle medical screening with the resident medical adviser
- Go hiking in the mountains and local valleys
- Go horse riding with local trained horses
- Go skiing in the winter, they can assist with the transportation to the nearest skiing slope 30 minutes away
- Make your own mandala paintings, dreamcatcher, and art
- Visit the Dracula’s Castle located nearby in Bran
The spa and wellness facility at Akasha is not a traditional spa, they do things differently there. You create the ritual you want to have from a variety of home made organic bath and body products. Their massage therapists that are internationally qualified in a range of treatments from deep tissue to shiatsu, ayurveda, and Thai massage, will assist you in your choice of essential oil and body products, so that your treatment complements specific conditions.
They created their own range of products that are lovingly made at Akasha using only organic natural products such as coconut oil, organic herbs, and specialized clays.
Massage and body treatments
These include shiatsu and deep tissue, relaxing coconut oil, hot stone massage, Swedish massage, and Thai massage. These bodywork therapies are designed to complement your yoga practice and are often performed by yoga instructors themselves. Their therapists understand the importance of helping you to connect to your body, releasing tension and improving your posture.
Just a few benefits of regular massage therapy as an active part of your yoga practice are releasing tension in problem areas, loosening the connective tissue in your outer thighs and increasing hip flexibility, improve your body awareness, and highlight imbalances that can then be addressed in your yoga practice. One kind of treatment costs 25 EUR for the package that lasts for 30 minutes and 45 EUR for the package that lasts for 60 minutes.
Bathing ritual treatments
Bathing is actually an ancient therapeutic practice called balneotherapy. Almost all ancient cultures prescribe therapeutic bathing rituals to promote overall wellness and calm the skin, body’s largest organ. Herbs and oils have long been combined with bath therapy to relax the mind, soothe sore muscles, and promote supple skin. Bathing rituals can also complement your meditation and yoga practice in clearing away aura energies, chakra balancing, and healing.
With each bath package costing 20 EUR for a 60-minute session, you can choose from
- Homemade bath salts packs infused with your choice of organic essential oils
- Herbal tea bath rituals with your choice of organic herbal tea blends and flowers
- Milk bath rituals with your choice of vegan milk and essential oil infusions
You can also combine your bathing ritual with an indulgent organic face mask, bentonite clay, seaweed, or activated charcoal facial mask blends which each costs starting from 12 EUR.
All of their therapies are complemented by aromatherapy. Each day, as they work on your chakra balancing asanas, your teacher will recommend a blend of organic essential oils, or you can choose your own to be diffused in the therapy room during your treatment and during yoga or meditation practice.
Outdoor Jacuzzi and sauna
Every guest has access to unlimited outdoor Jacuzzi and sauna.
You can choose a spa package that complements your yoga practice. Your body will thank you, they promise.
- Ritualista, this is a therapeutic treat for your body, a package of a 90-minute body massage therapy and one bath ritual treatment that costs 65 EUR.
- For/Rest Package: Inspired by the forest, this is a package of a 120-minute body massage therapy and two bath ritual treatments 104 EUR.
- All in spa-ah dream, this is the ultimate all inclusive treat for your body, a package includes a 240-minute to spend how you want on body massage therapy, two bath ritual treatments, and one detoxifying organic clay facial mask all for 165 EUR
- The full address is: 87 Strada Principala, Sat Pestera, Comuna Moieciu, Brasov 507136, Romania.
- We are on Google maps here: https://goo.gl/maps/iHMCnD43VSp.
- Drive towards Bran, pass the castle ( Bran Castle) and continue driving north towards Moieciu de Jos for another 15 min you will see a signpost towards Pestera on the right.
- Continue driving up the hill until you reach the village, pass Casa Tabacaru on the right and continue another 200m we are on the left and the car park is on the right.
- Recommended car rental is Avis
Arrival by airplane
Please book your flight to arrive at Bucharest Henri Coandă International Airport (OTP). You may also book your flight to arrive at Sibiu International Airport (SBZ).
Arrival by train
From the airport, you may take the train that goes straight to Brasov railway station. Akasha facilitates pick up from Brasov city on the day of arrival at the retreat for those that would anticipate arriving early. Akasha can also help you with trains or taxis from the airport to Brasov or to the retreat.
By private transfer
We can organize a private taxi transport from either the Bucharest airport or Sibiu airport to Akasha. The cost is 120 EUR for a small car (up to 3 people) or 170 EUR for a large car (up to 8 people) one way. The journey takes about 2.5 hours and you can pay when you arrive at Akasha. If you would like a private transport please let us know: your flight number, origin of flight, time of landing. The driver will wait for you at arrivals with your name on the board.
In some cases we are able to couple arrivals together so you can share the same car with other participants on the same retreat, this is a case by case only as long as arrivals are all within a short time frame of each other. If this is the case we will let you know once we have everyone’s arrival details.
Arrival by bus
Direct Aeroport has a regular shuttle service from the airport to Brasov (Aro Palace station). The cost is 80RON ( approx. 17.50 EUR) one way.