Back to Nature Nicaragua: One Retreat, Two Amazing Destinations
March 29 - April 6
From $1558| From $1558
Join Ambuja Yoga for the ultimate Nicaragua yoga retreat in April 2019. Just like we did last year, we’re combining two of our favorite yoga retreat venues for our fifth annual Nicaragua yoga retreat! Can’t decide between a retreat in the mountains or a beach yoga retreat??? You don’t have to! Our 8 night/9 day yoga retreat showcases the best of Nicaragua!
Nicaragua Yoga Retreat in the Mountains of Nicaragua
You will practice yoga overlooking the Nicaraguan cloud forest from our first base at Finca Esperanza Verde, high above Matagalpa. Finca Esperanza Verde is a tranquil oasis far away from the heat of the lowlands. This working organic coffee farm turned eco-resort is the perfect antidote to frenetic city life. Once you step foot onto the property the stress of life back home becomes a thing of the past.
Our local guides will take us out to explore the many miles of beautifully maintained hiking trails that crisscross the property. They will help us spot howler monkeys, two and three-toed sloths, parrots, toucans, hummingbirds and so much more!
One of our favorite experiences at the finca is to have a local band of musicians come over to play for us as we roast marshmallows over the bonfire and dance under the stars. It’s a perfect way to celebrate our time in the mountains.
Yoga will be practiced in the covered lounge overlooking the jungle. An impressive view of rolling clouds, green jungle canopy, and abundant wildlife help us savor the present moment and the intense beauty of our surroundings.
Nicaragua Yoga Retreat Overlooking the Pacific Ocean
From our perch in the cloud forest, we will head down to the beach town of San Juan del Sur and Playa Maderas. San Juan del Sur, once a sleepy fishing village, is now a bustling seaside port with a multitude of restaurants and boutiques. We will be staying at Buena Vista Surf Club, a gorgeous eco-chic resort that boasts unbelievable beach and sunset views from its infinity yoga deck and a cool, relaxed vibe.
Playa Maderas and its famous surf break are just below the resort and a short walk away. Playa Maderas has surf breaks suitable for all levels and its sandy bottom is especially friendly for beginners.
Playa Maderas has a fun social vibe. The area attracts artists, entrepreneurs, yogis and of course surfers and backpackers on the banana pancake trail. Three restaurants lining the beach offer up everything you need to enjoy an afternoon in the sun; all offer local and international food, cold drinks and lounge chairs for rent.
From our base at Buena Vista Surf Club, we will explore Playa Maderas and San Juan del Sur. We will visit Barrio Planta Project, a free supplementary school program for children in San Juan del Sur. Barrio Planta Project, or BPP, has an incredible start-up story. This will be our fourth year visiting Barrio Planta Project and it’s always a retreat favorite. Afterward, we will head over to one of the beachside restaurants for a cocktail and snack before heading back to Buena Vista Surf Club for dinner.
There is always plenty of free time to book a massage, a surf lesson, or even a catamaran sailing trip. We encourage you to take advantage of this beautiful destination.
What does the Nicaragua Yoga Retreat include?
- Eight nights accommodation
- Eight breakfasts, five lunches*, and eight dinners
- Twice daily yoga and meditation classes (90-120 minutes)
- Guided yoga nidra (yogic sleep)
- Asana Tune-Up Workshop
- Roll & Release Workshop
- Two guided hikes
- Visit to Mujeres del Plomo Women’s Jewelry Co-op in San Ramon
- Live music and dancing at Finca Esperanza Verde
- Visit to Barrio Planta Project in San Juan del Sur
- Lunch and swim at Laguna de Apoyo
- Coffee, tea, and drinking water
- Carefully curated goodie bag of local treats
- Transportation from Augusto C. Sandino International Airport (MGA) to Finca Esperanza Verde, from Finca Esperanza Verde to Buena Vista Surf Club, and from Buena Vista Surf Club back to Augusto C. Sandino International Airport (MGA)
- Detailed yoga retreat packing list and pre-arrival checklist
- Surf Lesson & Board Rental at BVSC $30
- Daily Surf Board Rental $10-$20
- Catamaran sailing trip $80 plus transportation to San Juan del Sur
- Massage at Playa Maderas $40
- 30 minute Reiki treatment $25
- 1-hour private yoga $65
What does the Nicaragua Yoga Retreat exclude?
- Your transportation to Nicaragua.
- Soda, junk food, and alcoholic beverages.
- three lunches*.
- Extra add-ons and excursions.