Joyful Yoga & Meditation Retreat & Tour in Bhutan November 2019
November 3 - November 16
From £1750| From £1750
Join us to explore the enchantingly beautiful destination of the Kingdom of Bhutan, the sacred land of the thunder dragon, the perfect destination for an inspirational and life enriching experience.
When: 3rd – 16th November 2019
High in the Himalayan mountains between India and Tibet, Bhutan is the only country in the world that measures its progress by Gross National Happiness. It’s hard not to be joyful in Bhutan, the kindness of it’s people, the breathtaking infinite expanse of green forests, sprawling hillsides and majestic rivers all bring a huge smile to the face and invite a deep sense of exhilaration that is intoxicating.
So be prepared to be captivated……the magic of Bhutan can not be defined with words, you have to experience and feel it for yourself. The simplicity of how the locals live and how in tune with nature they are play a big part in its beauty. The temples are charged with years and years of focused meditation and spiritual energy, creating a very real strong energy field that is palpable. Together we will explore what this beautiful country has to offer in terms of spiritual growth, adventure and joyfulness.
Our 12-day Joyful Yoga and Meditation Retreat will weave together the best of the country’s spiritual charm, it’s cultural heritage and outstanding natural beauty as we journey through mystical mountains, visit sacred temples and experience a richly preserved culture.
Each day on our “Joyful Retreat” you will have the option to immerse yourself in mindful yoga and meditation sessions. Different practices will be offered to meet the needs of the participants and to blend with whatever the day holds for us. With a focus on joyfulness our practices and time in this gentle country will also be interwoven with what the people of Bhutan offer in bucket loads – kindness.
Also be prepared for some singing, chanting and dancing and generally having a joyful time!
Joyful Tour Highlights
- Participate in the dazzling Jakar Tshechu festival in Bumthang, the cultural and spiritual heartland of Bhutan
- Watch the rare and protected black necked cranes in Gangtey (Phobjikha Valley)
- Hike up to one of the most famous Buddhist temples in Bhutan – Tiger’s Nest
- Enjoy nature walks in amazing landscapes and breathtaking scenery
- Visit the vocational school for young people less-abled supported by Emma Slade’s charity Opening Your Heart to Bhutan and be enchanted by music played by blind musicians also supported by the charity
- Practice with Buddhist Nun Emma Slade and meet some of her teachers (depending on their schedules at the time of the tour)
- A variety of optional daily Mindful Yoga & Meditation sessions for all abilities to awaken our inherent kindness and joy
Come ready to be curious, to be inspired, to be kind and above all to be joyful!
Joyful Tour Details
12 nights £2,750 (subject to exchange rate at time of booking)
- Twelve nights exploration of Bhutan with an expert local English speaking guide
- Private vehicle with experienced local English speaking driver
- Government tax (Sustainable Development Fee) which is used towards free education, free healthcare, poverty alleviation, along with the building of infrastructure
- Bhutan visa and permit management
- Short internal flight from Paro to Bumthang
- Breakfast each morning at our hotels
- All lunches including local eateries and picnics
- All dinners in local restaurants or at our hotels
- Morning or evening yoga & meditation practices on most days
- Meditation practices and Dharma talks with Emma Slade and her teachers (subject to their availability at the time of the tour)
- Twelve nights accommodation in 3 star hotels or guest houses
- All entry fees for the above sights and additional activities as listed on the itinerary
- Taxes, royalties, and service charges
What’s Not Included:
- Flights to Paro – our agent can help you with booking flights from Dehli Calcutta, Kathmandu, Bankgkok and other places
- Gratuities (for your Bhutanese guide and driver)
- Items of a personal nature (phone calls, laundry, souvenirs, spa services, etc)
- Travel Insurance (required)
- Indian Visa
- Vaccination costs
- Single room supplement, £125