Mini Retreat: Nicaragua Yoga Retreat in the Mountains
March 29 - April 2
Join Autumn Adams, owner and founder of Ambuja Yoga, for our five day mini retreat in Nicaragua in March 2019. We’re returning to one of our favorite yoga retreat venues for our third year in a row to offer an affordable mini retreat for our time-crunched yogis! This affordable retreat option takes you up into the mountains of Nicaragua. The climate here is pleasant year round and the forest stays green and lush throughout the year. It’s the Nicaraguan Shangri-La.
Yoga In The Mountains Of Nicaragua
You will practice yoga overlooking the Nicaraguan cloud forest from our base at Finca Esperanza Verde, high above Matagalpa. Finca Esperanza Verde is a tranquil oasis far away from the heat of the lowlands. This working organic coffee farm turned eco-resort is the perfect antidote to frenetic city life. Once you step foot onto the property the stress of life back home becomes a thing of the past.
Our local guides will take us out to explore the many miles of beautifully maintained hiking trails that crisscross the property. They will help us spot howler monkeys, two and three-toed sloths (we saw over ten sloths last year!), parrots, toucans, hummingbirds and so much more!
One of our favorite experiences at the finca is to have the local band come over to play for us as we roast marshmallows over the fire and dance under the starry night sky (there is virtually no light pollution)! It’s a perfect way to celebrate our time in the mountains. And it is completely surreal!
Yoga will be practiced in the covered lounge overlooking the jungle. An impressive view of rolling clouds, green jungle canopy, and abundant wildlife help us savor the present moment and the intense beauty of our surroundings.
What does the 5d/4n Nicaragua Yoga Retreat include?
- Four nights accommodation
- Four breakfasts, three lunches, and four dinners
- Twice daily yoga and meditation classes (90-120 minutes)
- Guided yoga nidra (yogic sleep)
- Asana Tune-Up Workshop
- Two guided hikes
- Visit to Mujeres del Plomo Women’s Jewelry Co-op in San Ramon
- Coffee tour
- Live music and dancing at Finca Esperanza Verde
- Coffee, tea, and drinking water
- Carefully curated goodie bag of local treats
- Return transportation from Augusto C. Sandino International Airport (MGA) to Finca Esperanza Verde
- Detailed yoga retreat packing list and pre-arrival checklist