Nourish in Nature Retreat for Women in Portugal
June 3 - June 9| From €850
We invite you to Nourish your body, mind and spirit on retreat with us.
This retreat is a uniquely integrated wellbeing retreat designed especially for women. The retreat features;
Yoga and meditation
- daily yoga (hatha and vinyasa) exploring the physical, mental and energy bodies.
- breathing practices for both energising and relaxing (pranayama)
- guided meditations
- yoga nidra – deeply nourishing relaxation and working with personal intention
- retreat handbook which includes information on yoga for women, and all the information from each workshop
- a goodie bag for every guest
herbs and nutrition
- herb workshops, making tinctures, infusions and tea blends
- herb walk, gathering, collecting, drying and storing herbs
- hormone health workshop
- adrenal fatigue and herbs to de-stress workshop
- opportunity for private consulatations with Sara (herbs and nutrition *not included in price)
relaxation and wellbeing
- a complementary treatment with Aoife (Relaxing massage, reflexology or reiki
- opportunity to book for more specialised bodywork with Aoife *not included in price
- wholefood nutritious meals three times each day (gluten free & vegan options available)
- swimming in natural swimming pool or the reservoir a short walk away
Stretch and relax your body with yoga, allow the practice of asana (yoga postures) to release tension and restriction, allowing the natural flow of energy to circulate and nourish muscles and joints. Pranayama (breathing) and meditation will help to calm the nervous system and busy minds, creating a chance for you to sink deep into stillness, space and quiet. Indulge and enjoy a treatment with Aoife, choosing from a relaxing massage, Reiki or reflexology. Absorb the knowledge and information in the workshops about herbs and nutrition, specifically for women’s health. Take home new recipes and knowledge about herbs to support your specific needs at this time. Make time and space for reflection. Think about intention, make note of your thoughts, dreams or insights. Often when we step away from our everyday life, we open up space for inspiration and ideas.
Women’s lives are often too hectic because we are busy with work, children, family and social commitments. Our minds also become busy, remembering things, planning and making lists. We can start to feel overloaded as we negotiate our way at top speed on our smart phones through the plans for each day, and each week, dropping in and out of each others lives through social media and balancing the pressures of our careers and family with our true selves. This retreat is designed to gently address these ideas, allowing women time to step away from everyday life and make some space to focus on well being and perhaps initiate some longer lasting lifestyle changes. We all need time out to take care of ourselves, so that we are better able to take care of others in our lives. The retreat is held at Quinta Canaval, a boutique eco hotel, located in Central Portugal.
Our retreats offer nutritious and delicious vegetarian and vegan food. We are a little bit particular about the food we prepare and serve for our guests. The food we prepare and serve is tasty and wholesome vegetarian and vegan food. We use vegetables from our own organic gardens and then locally sourced fruit and vegetables. We spend a lot of time and care preparing the food for our guests, and make sure that it is nutritious as well as flavour some. As a part of our Nourish in Nature Retreats, the food is integral in supporting the week of healthy well being. Eating clean, freshly prepared wholefoods with minimal sweeteners will give our guests a boost of nutrition and nourishment. Gluten free, lactose free and vegan diets are all catered for.
Our Nourish in Nature Retreats will be held at Quinta Canaval in Central Portugal. Quinta Canaval is a boutique eco retreat centre. We have a maximum occupancy of 12 guests and can offer single occupany en-suite rooms, twin shared en-suite rooms and two private apartments.