Tale of the Goddess: A Luxury Yoga Retreat in Greece, July 2019
June 29 - July 6
From $2298| From $2298
We all deserve to indulge in a bit of luxury every now and then (or how about every day?). Our yoga retreat in Greece, June 29 – July 6, 2019, will provide you with an opportunity to dive deeper into your yoga practice while immersing into Greek island life on Lefkas… an island where time slows down, the days are delightfully long, and where giant cliffs meet the sea.
For us, yoga retreats are about more than just practicing yoga in a beautiful destination. We take care and pride in finding the best yoga retreat destinations out there and creating fun, powerful and immersive retreats that nourish your soul. Our yoga retreat in Greece exceeds all of our expectations. Get ready for a truly relaxing luxury experience with a bit of adventure thrown in for good measure.
Our morning practices will be interlaced with stories of Goddesses from many different traditions. The tales of the goddesses are both inspiring and empowering.
This retreat is open to both women and men.
Yoga Retreat In Greece On The Island of Lefkas
We will be calling the Greek island of Lefkas (also called Lefkada) home for our 7night/8 day retreat. Urania Villas and yoga retreat center overlooks the deep blue Ionian Sea and provides the perfect destination to get away from the stress of life back home and to hit the reset button. Every once in a while you come across a place – which is so divine, so quiet and beautiful and surrounded by nature that no pictures can do it justice and Urania Villas is one such space. We would love for you to join us!
What does the Yoga Retreat in Greece include?
- Seven nights accommodation
- Healthy and nutritious traditional Greek meals throughout the week (7 B, 6 L, 7 D)
- Twice daily yoga and meditation classes (90-120 minutes)
- Guided yoga nidra (yogic sleep)
- Asana Tune-Up Workshop (troubleshoot common yoga poses to find the alignment that works for your body)
- Advance Your Asana Workshop (learn how to prepare your body for more advanced asanas)
- Roll & Release Workshop (self-myofascial release (self-massage) workshop that utilizes tennis balls and yoga blocks to release tension and tightness in the body)
- Day trip to Porto Katsiki, one of the world’s most beautiful beaches
- Boat/Sailing trip to Meganissi and nearby beaches
- Greek cooking class with our beautiful hostess and chef Ourania
- Coffee, tea, and water (local wine available for purchase)
- Carefully curated goodie bag of local treats and a few surprises
- Detailed yoga retreat packing list and pre-arrival checklist
- Pre-retreat support (including guides to both Athens and Kefalonia)
- We’ll capture your week with video and photos, so you don’t have to think about it!
- You’ll receive an in-depth guide to the week’s theme, so you can study more or carry what you’ve learned with you after the retreat
- 1 hour Thai Massage $80
- 30 minute Reiki treatment $25
- 1 hour private yoga $65
- 1/2 day mountain biking trip (price TBD)
- Transportation from Athens (price TBD- depends on the number of people)
What does the Yoga Retreat in Greece exclude?
- Your transportation to Lefkas (transportation package from Athens available for purchase)
- Soda, junk food, and alcoholic beverages.
- Extra add-ons and excursions.
- Souvenirs or items of a personal nature
Who is our Yoga Retreat in Greece for?
- real people: people that love yoga, but also love having an evening glass of wine or ouzo
- yogis that want to go deeper into their practice
- yogis that want an asana tune-up
- those who want to adventure and be active during the day and climb into a ridiculously comfortable bed at night
- those who are inspired by rugged landscapes and the deep blue-green sea
- those who want to celebrate this awesome thing we call life!
- those that want to travel with a like-minded community
- those that need a technology detox (don’t worry there is still Wi-Fi, but I don’t think you’ll want to use it… except to brag to friends and family back home)
- those that need to RELAX… there are only two mandatory events for the whole 8 days!
- those who need a shift, an ignition, or a jumpstart in life, work, etc.
Who is our Yoga Retreat in Greece not for?
- those who want to party every night
- those who have no yoga experience (yogis should have a basic understanding of standing postures and a willingness to explore and play on their mat)
- those who don’t want to support others in their growth on and off their mat (we’re all about community, connection and support)
Greece Yoga Retreat Rates
Double Occupancy $2298 USD per person
Single Occupancy $2798 USD per person
** Traveling solo, but don’t want your own room? We’re happy to partner you up with a same-sex roommate.**
** Payment Plans are available upon request.**
** Discounts available for newsletter recipients.**
Meet Your Yoga Instructor
Autumn Adams, E-RYT 200, RYT 500, CPNYT, YACEP
Autumn founded Ambuja Yoga in 2014 as a way to not only share her love of yoga, travel & adventure but as a way to cultivate intention, courage, grace and joy in her students. Since Ambuja Yoga’s start, Autumn has led 17 yoga retreats in the United States and abroad.
Autumn Adams seamlessly blends her education in Hatha and Vinyasa Yoga into dynamic, flowing classes that gently challenge her students to break old habits and move beyond perceived limitations. Autumn’s skilled hands-on adjustments will help you find your perfect alignment.
She hopes her retreat attendees will leave her retreats with a feeling of purpose and with the ability to invite their intention into all aspects of their lives. She encourages her students to be conscious creators… to have the courage to take risks (both big and small), the courage to listen deeply to their body, to their gut, to their heart, the grace to “roll with the punches” on this messy path we call life and to be willing to laugh at ourselves when we “fail”. Learn more about Autumn’s philosophy here.
What kind of yoga practice can I expect?
- Fun alignment based vinyasa morning practices balanced by deeply restorative evening practices
- 1.5 – 2 hour long sessions
- Sessions will occur twice a day in the morning and late afternoon
- Each session will include asana, pranayama and meditation
- Gently challenging
- New and familiar yoga asanas
- Create space and openness throughout your body
- Release stress and muscle tension
- Three optional yoga workshops: Advance Your Asana, Asana Tune-Up and Roll & Release
Fun all-levels alignment-based vinyasa yoga with time to play and try new poses… we’re serious enough as it is. Let’s find joy on and off of our mats! Every morning will conclude with a sweet Savasana or yoga nidra.
Restorative yoga with a deep emphasis on relaxation. Each evening yoga class will be a deeply restorative practice that blends elements of restorative yoga, yin yoga and therapeutic yoga. Our evening restorative class will always include bolster supported heart opening postures, hip openers, gentle twists and stretches for the hamstrings, neck and shoulders. These quiet, contemplative classes are designed to balance and restore the body, mind, and spirit. Autumn will finish evening class with a guided meditation or yoga nidra.
Autumn will be available for private yoga lessons throughout the week ($65/hr).
Contact Autumn at email@example.com for more information.